Saturday 4 August 2012

The Countdown is on

So, here goes: I am told to keep updating my blog, especially considering I am off to New Adventures.
Yes, just one week to go and I am off to the sand-pit.  Meaning: I am leaving my beloved London to start a new life in Abu Dhabi.  I am relocating with my firm who are opening a new office there.
Exciting times!  Although, admittedly, it's been a long time coming.  I had been approached by our New York head-office in February 2011 (yes, that is last year) and got the official job offer mid-May 2011.  At times it wasn't even sure whether this project was going to continue to go ahead but it just seems as though bureaucracy in the United Arab Emirates is as bad as Germany and UK combined.
Anyway, at the end of April we had been issued with the trade license and things have since moved forward at a more or less steady pace.  11th August 2012 (18 months after first approach and 15 months after job offer) is the date I'll fly out to the desert, leaving wet London for hot Abu Dhabi.
I've had a good 6.5 years in London and will miss the Royal Ballet desperately but am very excited about the challenges and adventures I am going to face.  Becoming Accounting Manager with my firm is a brilliant step up the career ladder and opening a new office in a completely different cultural environment is exactly what I need right now.  I've been very comfortable in London, some might even say complacent  ;-)
Thank you London for your hospitality and a warm farewell (and hopefully see you soon) to the lovely friends I've made here!

No comments:

Post a Comment